WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN LIFE THROWS YOU A CURVE BALL?

Monday, June 7, 2010

Back from the BIFF!


Jess and I are back from the Berkshire International Film Festival and we had a fantastic time! Kelley Vickery, Lauren Ferin and Rachel Bronstein put on another amazing festival, packed with great films, awesome cocktail parties and an incredible welcoming community. Although we missed the Opening Night celebration, the second night we were able to attend the tribute to Patricia Clarkson, which was such a treat for me since she is one of my all-time favorite actresses (and “The Station Agent” is one of my all-time favorite movies). Her tribute included guests like Lauren Ambrose and Chris Noth as well as a packed house in the gorgeous Mahaiwe Theater. That will be a night I shall remember for a long time.

“Milestone” was screened in a block of great films. I felt very honored to be among such good movies (some included: “Wasting Daylight”, “Breaking Boundaries: The Art of Alex Masket,” and “The Jacket”).

Overall it was a blast celebrating a movie with a friend I’ve known since middle school at a festival that just gets better and better. Be sure to check it out next year!

1 comment:

Dennis Connors said...

That was a great festival, hope to make it back there soon, and see the both of you there with "Best Laid Plans". Amazing that you're also in the NJ Film Fest in New Brunswick as well. It just kills me that I won't make it there. Keep me posted!
Dennis